Job prospects Quality Assurance Manager - Cannabis in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "Quality assurance manager - cannabis" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Architecture and science managers (NOC 0212) in Alberta for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Architecture and science managers in Alberta:
- Approximately 1,000 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Architecture and science managers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Architectural, engineering and design services (NAICS 5413): 25%
- Universities (NAICS 6113): 13%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 10%
- 74% of architecture and science managers work all year, while 26% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 39 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 8% of architecture and science managers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 63% compared to 54% for all occupations
- Women: 38% compared to 46% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: less than 5% compared to 12% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: less than 5% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: less than 5% compared to 10% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 25% compared to 24% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 35% compared to 18% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: 37% compared to 8% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
- Date modified: