Job prospects Master Grower - Cannabis in Québec
Job opportunities for Managers in horticulture (NOC 0822) are good in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a Master grower - cannabis.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be good for Managers in horticulture (NOC 0822) in Québec for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Managers in horticulture in Québec:
- Approximately 1,850 people work in this occupation.
- Managers in horticulture mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 84%
- Forestry and logging (NAICS 113, 1153): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 89% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 11% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 42% of managers in horticulture work all year, while 58% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 31 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 57% of managers in horticulture are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Fair Fair|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Good Good|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Good Good|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Good Good|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Good Good|
|Laurentides Region||Good Good|
|Laval Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Mauricie Region||Good Good|
|Montréal Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Montérégie Region||Good Good|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Fair Fair|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Good Good|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Managers in horticulture (NOC 0822) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: