Job prospects Chemical Processing Quality Control Technologist near Waterloo (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Chemical technologists and technicians" near Waterloo (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very good for Chemical technologists and technicians (NOC 22100) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Chemical technologists and technicians in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Chemical technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Chemical manufacturing (NAICS 325): 31%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 23%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 12%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Chemical technologists and technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: