Job outlook Industrial Designer near Calgary (AB)
The job outlook for an industrial designer working near Calgary (AB) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Industrial designers (NOC 2252).
Job opportunities near Calgary (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Industrial designers (NOC 2252) in the Calgary region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Industrial designers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 310 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Industrial designers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 34%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Furniture and related product manufacturing (NAICS 337): 10%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 6%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Industrial designers (NOC 2252) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: