Job prospects Computer-assisted Design And Drafting Technologist near Montréal (QC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Drafting technologists and technicians near Montréal (QC). These trends also apply to people working as a computer-assisted design and drafting technologist.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2018-2020). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253) in the census metropolitan area of Montréal for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Drafting technologists and technicians in the census metropolitan area of Montréal:
- Approximately 3,930 people work in this occupation.
- Drafting technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 44%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: