Job prospects Design And Drafting Technologist in Prince Edward Island
Job opportunities for Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253) are good in Prince Edward Island over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a design and drafting technologist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Prince Edward Island
The employment outlook will be good for Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253) in Prince Edward Island for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Drafting technologists and technicians in the Prince Edward Island region:
- Approximately 50 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Drafting technologists and technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Architectural, engineering and design services (NAICS 5413): 60%
- Transportation equipment manufacturing (NAICS 336): 13%
- Other services (except public administration) (NAICS 81): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 83% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 17% for all occupations
- 69% of drafting technologists and technicians work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations.
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SURPLUS for Drafting technologists and technicians (NOC 2253) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: