Job prospects Non-destructive Inspection Tester near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians (NOC 2261) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,180 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 57%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 7%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: