Job prospects Non-destructive Inspection Tester near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians near Edmonton (AB). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Non-destructive testers and inspectors (NOC 22230) in the Edmonton region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Non-destructive testers and inspectors in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 1,280 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Non-destructive testers and inspectors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 60%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211, 213): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Non-destructive testers and inspection technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: