Job prospects EDP (electronic Data-processing) Unit - Supervisor near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers (NOC 1211) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 540 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 13%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 12%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 11%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 10%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: