Job prospects User Support Technician near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "User support technicians" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for User support technicians (NOC 2282) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about User support technicians in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 4,690 people work in this occupation.
- User support technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 32%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 15%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for User support technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: