Job prospects User Support Technician near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for User support technicians near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an user support technician.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for User support technicians (NOC 2282) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about User support technicians in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 2,490 people work in this occupation.
- User support technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 23%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 13%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 11%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: