Job prospects User Support Technician near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "User support technicians" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for User support technicians (NOC 2282) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Many new workers will be required in this occupation.
- There are not expected to be enough graduates from education programs to satisfy demand for workers.
Here are some key facts about User support technicians in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 330 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- User support technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 22%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 18%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 17%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 8%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for User support technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: