Job prospects User Support Technician near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "User support technicians" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for User support technicians (NOC 2282) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Many new workers will be required in this occupation.
- There are not expected to be enough graduates from education programs to satisfy demand for workers.
Here are some key facts about User support technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 12,620 people work in this occupation.
- User support technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 31%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 19%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 8%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 6%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for User support technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: