Job prospects User Support Technician near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "User support technicians" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for User support technicians (NOC 22221) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Occupations in the technology sector continue to see strong demand with a growing IT sector in British Columbia. Employment in these occupations grew significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic with a slight decline as employers adjusted to a post pandemic reality. Demand is centered in the Lower Mainland-Southwest region with a large number of technology firms having offices in Metro Vancouver.
Here are some key facts about User support technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 10,370 people work in this occupation.
- User support technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 14%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for User support technicians across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: