Job prospects International Development And Assistance Researcher near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 8,560 people work in this occupation.
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 37%
- Finance, insurance and Real estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 52-53): 13%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 7%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: