Job prospects Medical Specialist near Saint John (NB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Specialist physicians near Saint John (NB). These trends also apply to people working as a medical specialist.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) in the Saint John - St. Stephen region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Specialist physicians in the Saint John - St. Stephen region:
- Approximately 230 people work in this occupation.
- Specialist physicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 79%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 20%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: