Job outlook Medical Specialist near St. John's (NL)
Job opportunities for Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) are good near St. John's (NL) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a medical specialist.
Job opportunities near St. John's (NL)
The employment outlook will be good for Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) in the Avalon Peninsula region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
Employment prospects in this occupation are good due to a large number of vacancies and an insufficient supply of physicians qualified to fill them. The number of positions are expected to be fairly stable as fiscal constraints are balanced against the increasing use of health care services by the aging population. A large share of the workforce in this occupation is nearing retirement age, resulting in employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Specialist physicians in the Avalon Peninsula region:
- Approximately 710 people work in this occupation.
- Specialist physicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 81%
- Ambulatory health care services (NAICS 621): 17%
Job opportunities in Newfoundland and Labrador
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Specialist physicians (NOC 3111) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: