Job prospects Dentist in the Calgary Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "dentist" was moved from the group Dentists (NOC 3113) to the group Dentists (NOC 31110).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Dentists" in the Calgary Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Dentists (NOC 3113) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dentists in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,060 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Dentists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: