Job prospects Dentist in the Calgary Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Dentists" in the Calgary Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Dentists (NOC 3113) in the Calgary region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Dentists in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 1,060 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Dentists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Dentists across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: