Job prospects Occupational Therapist (OT) near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Occupational therapists near Kitchener (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an occupational therapist (OT).
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be good for Occupational therapists (NOC 3143) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Occupational therapists in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 480 people work in this occupation.
- Occupational therapists mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 85%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 13%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: