Job prospects Optician near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Opticians near Kelowna (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an optician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Opticians (NOC 3231) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Opticians in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 210 people work in this occupation.
- Opticians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 61%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 39%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: