Job outlook Optician near Kitchener (ON)
The job outlook for an optician working near Kitchener (ON) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Opticians (NOC 3231).
Job opportunities near Kitchener (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Opticians (NOC 3231) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Compared to other regions, Kitchener-Waterloo-Barrie has a higher representation of opticians in the manufacturing industry. Therefore, those with experience in this field may have better job prospects in this region.
Here are some key facts about Opticians in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 550 people work in this occupation.
- Opticians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 58%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 20%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 14%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that there will be a labour SHORTAGE for Opticians (NOC 3231) in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: