Job prospects Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.) near Corner Brook (NL)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Licensed practical nurses" near Corner Brook (NL) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233) in the West Coast - Northern Peninsula - Labrador region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Demand for the services of this occupation is high and expected to increase, as the aging population requires more care. However, financial constraints are expected to somewhat dampen growth prospects. Staffing shortages have been reported in facilities throughout the province, resulting in large workloads and forced overtime. One example of shortages has been in the lack of sufficient temporary staff needed to fill in for vacation, sick leave and other absences by permanent employees. The provincial government has expanded its practical nursing college programs to help address shortfalls.
Here are some key facts about Licensed practical nurses in the West Coast - Northern Peninsula - Labrador region:
- Approximately 450 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Licensed practical nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Hospitals (NAICS 622): 94%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Licensed practical nurses across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: