Job prospects Paramedic in the Ottawa Region
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "paramedic" was moved from the group Paramedical occupations (NOC 3234) to the group Paramedical occupations (NOC 32102).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Paramedical occupations" in the Ottawa Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Paramedical occupations (NOC 3234) in the Ottawa region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Paramedical occupations in the Ottawa region:
- Approximately 1,080 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Paramedical occupations mainly work in the following sectors:
- Local, municipal, regional, aboriginal and other public administration (NAICS 913-919): 46%
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 45%
- Federal government public administration (NAICS 911): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: