Job prospects University Professor in Manitoba
Job opportunities for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) are good in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an university professor.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be good for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about University professors and lecturers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 2,100 people work in this occupation.
- University professors and lecturers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Universities (NAICS 6113):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 86% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 14% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 68% of university professors and lecturers work all year, while 32% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Good Good|
|Winnipeg Region||Good Good|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: