Job prospects University Professor in Saskatchewan
Job opportunities for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) are good in Saskatchewan over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as an university professor.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Saskatchewan
The employment outlook will be good for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) in Saskatchewan for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Despite slow population growth in Saskatchewan, sustained investments in education should support job opportunities for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about University professors and lecturers in the Saskatchewan region:
- Approximately 2,450 people work in this occupation.
- University professors and lecturers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Universities (NAICS 6113):more than 95%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 90% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 10% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 66% of university professors and lecturers work all year, while 34% work only part of the year, compared to 62% and 38% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Saskatchewan by economic region.
|Northern Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Prince Albert Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Regina–Moose Mountain Region||Good Good|
|Saskatoon–Biggar Region||Good Good|
|Swift Current–Moose Jaw Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Yorkton–Melville Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: