Job prospects University Professor in the Edmonton Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "University professors and lecturers" in the Edmonton Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for University professors and lecturers (NOC 4011) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Alberta government’s Budget 2022 increases spending on post-secondary institution employees' compensation by 7% from the levels budgeted in 2021-2022. Increases of 1% and 2% are budgeted for 2023-2024 and 2024-2025.
Here are some key facts about University professors and lecturers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 3,700 people work in this occupation.
- University professors and lecturers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Educational services (NAICS 61): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for University professors and lecturers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: