Job prospects Sheet Metal Worker near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Sheet metal workers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a sheet metal worker.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Sheet metal workers (NOC 7233) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Sheet metal workers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,300 people work in this occupation.
- Sheet metal workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Construction (NAICS 23): 62%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 19%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: