Job prospects Boilermaker in Alberta
Job opportunities for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a boilermaker.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Boilermakers in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 900 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Boilermakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 38%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 18%
- Support activities for mining, oil and gas (NAICS 213): 10%
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing (NAICS 324): 7%
- Oil and gas extraction (NAICS 211): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 24% of boilermakers work all year, while 76% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 33 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of boilermakers are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Limited Limited|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: