Job prospects Boilermaker in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) are limited in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a boilermaker.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be limited for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) in British Columbia for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Boilermakers in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 400 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Boilermakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 37%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 23%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 7%
- Architectural, engineering and design services (NAICS 5413): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 16% of boilermakers work all year, while 84% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 27 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of boilermakers are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kootenay Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: