Job prospects Boilermaker in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) are limited in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a boilermaker.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be limited for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Boilermakers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Boilermakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 32%
- Petroleum and coal product manufacturing (NAICS 324): 27%
- Paper manufacturing (NAICS 322): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 9%
- Repair and maintenance (NAICS 811): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 25% of boilermakers work all year, while 75% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: