Job prospects Boilermaker in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) are limited in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a boilermaker.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be limited for Boilermakers (NOC 7234) in Manitoba for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Boilermakers in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 100 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Boilermakers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 52%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 14%
- Religious, grant-making, civic, and professional and similar organizations (NAICS 813): 14%
- Utilities (NAICS 22): 10%
- Other schools and instruction (NAICS 6115-6117): 10%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 25% of boilermakers work all year, while 75% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 29 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: