Job prospects Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Assistant near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Early childhood educators and assistants" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202) in the Edmonton region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Federal and provincial funding for child care will lead to additional jobs in this occupation. Alberta’s 2023 Budget announced $1.26 billion in operating funds in 2022-23 increasing to $16. billion in 2025-26 for child care from provincial funding and Alberta federal-provincial child care agreements.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 7,780 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 93%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Early childhood educators and assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: