Job prospects Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Assistant near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Early childhood educators and assistants" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Early childhood educators and assistants near Edmonton (AB). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 7,540 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 91%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Early childhood educators and assistants across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: