Job prospects Early Childhood Educator (ECE) Assistant near Edmonton (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "early childhood educator (ECE) assistant" was moved from the group Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) to the group Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 42202).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Early childhood educators and assistants" near Edmonton (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Edmonton region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 7,540 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 91%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: