Job prospects Early Childhood Educator Assistant near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Early childhood educators and assistants near Kelowna (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an early childhood educator assistant.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 2,150 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 89%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: