Job outlook Early Childhood Educator Assistant near Toronto (ON)
Job opportunities for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) are fair near Toronto (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as an early childhood educator assistant.
Job opportunities near Toronto (ON)
The employment outlook will be fair for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) in the Toronto region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
Given Toronto's growing population, demand for these childcare workers is expected to increase during the forecast period. Qualified individuals who speak multiple languages may have better prospects.
Here are some key facts about Early childhood educators and assistants in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 37,810 people work in this occupation.
- Early childhood educators and assistants mainly work in the following sectors:
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 76%
- Educational services (NAICS 61): 21%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Early childhood educators and assistants (NOC 4214) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: