Job prospects Software Design Engineer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Software engineers and designers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Software engineers and designers (NOC 21231) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Occupations in the technology sector continue to see strong demand with a growing IT sector in British Columbia. Employment in these occupations grew significantly during the COVID-19 pandemic with a slight decline as employers adjusted to a post pandemic reality. Demand is centered in the Lower Mainland-Southwest region with a large number of technology firms having offices in Metro Vancouver.
Here are some key facts about Software engineers and designers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 19,860 people work in this occupation.
- Software engineers and designers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 52%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 20%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Software engineers and designers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: