Job prospects Video Camera Operator in Alberta
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "video camera operator" in Alberta or Canada.
Job opportunities in Alberta
Prospects over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for Film and video camera operators (NOC 52110) in Alberta for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Film and video camera operators in Alberta:
- Approximately 500 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Film and video camera operators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 61%
- Other professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 5414, 5416-5419): 10%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 6%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 67% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 33% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 53% of film and video camera operators work all year, while 47% work only part of the year, compared to 61% and 39% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 39 weeks compared to 42 weeks for all occupations.
- 46% of film and video camera operators are self-employed compared to an average of 15% for all occupations.
- The gender distribution of people in this occupation is:
- Men: 90% compared to 53% for all occupations
- Women: 10% compared to 47% for all occupations
- The educational attainment of workers in this occupation is:
- no high school diploma: less than 5% compared to 10% for all occupations
- high school diploma or equivalent: 30% compared to 28% for all occupations
- apprenticeship or trades certificate or diploma: less than 5% compared to 13% for all occupations
- college certificate or diploma or university certificate below bachelor's: 40% compared to 19% for all occupations
- bachelor's degree: 19% compared to 21% for all occupations
- university certificate, degree or diploma above bachelor level: less than 5% compared to 9% for all occupations
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region|
|Red Deer Region|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region|
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as a "video camera operator" Film and video camera operators (NOC 52110) or Canada.
- Date modified: