Job prospects Restaurant Purchasing Agent near Saskatoon (SK)
Explore current and future job prospects for Purchasing agents and officers near Saskatoon (SK). These trends also apply to people working as a restaurant purchasing agent.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was good over the past few years (2016-2018). There were more job openings than workers available to fill them.
The employment outlook will be good for Purchasing agents and officers (NOC 1225) in the Saskatoon - Biggar region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Purchasing agents and officers in the Saskatoon - Biggar region:
- Approximately 540 people work in this occupation.
- Purchasing agents and officers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 24%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 10%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 8%
- Mining and quarrying (NAICS 212): 7%
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 7%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: