Job prospects Recording Studio Technician in Alberta
Job opportunities for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) are fair in Alberta over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a recording studio technician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in Alberta
The employment outlook will be fair for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) in Alberta for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Audio and video recording technicians in the Alberta region:
- Approximately 750 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Audio and video recording technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 47%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 9%
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 7%
- Universities (NAICS 6113): 6%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 76% compared to 81% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 24% compared to 19% for all occupations
- 54% of audio and video recording technicians work all year, while 46% work only part of the year, compared to 59% and 41% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 30 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- 29% of audio and video recording technicians are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Alberta by economic region.
|Athabasca–Grande Prairie–Peace River Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Banff–Jasper–Rocky Mountain House Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Calgary Region||Limited Limited|
|Camrose–Drumheller Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Edmonton Region||Fair Fair|
|Lethbridge–Medicine Hat Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Red Deer Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Wood Buffalo–Cold Lake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
- Date modified: