Job prospects Recording Studio Technician in Manitoba
Job opportunities for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) are limited in Manitoba over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a recording studio technician.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Manitoba
The employment outlook will be limited for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) in Manitoba for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Audio and video recording technicians in the Manitoba region:
- Approximately 200 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Audio and video recording technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 45%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 17%
- Real Estate and rental and leasing (NAICS 53): 12%
- Community colleges and C.E.G.E.P.s (NAICS 6112): 7%
- Other schools and instruction (NAICS 6115-6117): 5%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 76% compared to 79% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 24% compared to 21% for all occupations
- 65% of audio and video recording technicians work all year, while 35% work only part of the year, compared to 64% and 36% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 35 weeks compared to 31 weeks for all occupations.
- 23% of audio and video recording technicians are self-employed compared to an average of 10% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Manitoba by economic region.
|Interlake Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Parklands Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|South Central Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Southwest Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Winnipeg Region||Limited Limited|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: