Job prospects Recording Studio Technician in Québec
Job opportunities for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) are fair in Québec over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a recording studio technician.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Job opportunities in Québec
The employment outlook will be fair for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) in Québec for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Audio and video recording technicians in Québec:
- Approximately 3,150 people work in this occupation.
- Audio and video recording technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information and cultural industries (NAICS 51): 60%
- Arts, entertainment and recreation (NAICS 71): 9%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: 83% compared to 80% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: 17% compared to 20% for all occupations
- 48% of audio and video recording technicians work all year, while 52% work only part of the year, compared to 58% and 42% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 33 weeks for all occupations.
- 31% of audio and video recording technicians are self-employed compared to an average of 12% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in Québec by economic region.
|Abitibi-Témiscamingue Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Bas-Saint-Laurent Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Capitale-Nationale Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Centre-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Chaudière-Appalaches Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Côte-Nord Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Estrie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lanaudière Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Laurentides Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Laval Region||Fair Fair|
|Mauricie Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Montréal Region||Fair Fair|
|Montérégie Region||Fair Fair|
|Nord-du-Québec Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Outaouais Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
- Date modified: