Job prospects Video Recording Technician near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Audio and video recording technicians near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a video recording technician.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were more workers available than job openings.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be fair for Audio and video recording technicians (NOC 5225) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Audio and video recording technicians in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,320 people work in this occupation.
- Audio and video recording technicians mainly work in the following sectors:
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 75%
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 9%
To view this data on a map, go to: LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: