Job prospects Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Calgary (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Graphic designers and illustrators" near Calgary (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 52120) in the Calgary region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
The Conference Board of Canada is forecasting Alberta’s real GDP will expand by 2.6% in 2023 before slowing to 1.9% in 2024. Similarly, they are projecting the labour market to cool in late 2023 and into 2024. Higher for longer inflation may also have some firms rethinking expansion resulting in muted employment growth for this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Graphic designers and illustrators in the Calgary region:
- Approximately 2,530 people work in this occupation.
- Graphic designers and illustrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 52%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 14%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 5%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Graphic designers and illustrators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: