Job prospects Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Graphic designers and illustrators" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2020-2022), the labour market was balanced for Graphic designers and illustrators near Vancouver (BC). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 52120) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment decline will lead to the loss of some positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Over 90% of jobs in this occupation are in the Mainland/Southwest or Vancouver Island/Coast regions.
Here are some key facts about Graphic designers and illustrators in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 14,350 people work in this occupation.
- Graphic designers and illustrators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 39%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 38%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Graphic designers and illustrators across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: