Job prospects Interior Designer near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for Interior designers and interior decorators near Toronto (ON). These trends also apply to people working as an interior designer.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2018-2020). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Interior designers and interior decorators (NOC 5242) in the Toronto region for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Interior designers and interior decorators in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 7,890 people work in this occupation.
- Interior designers and interior decorators mainly work in the following sectors:
- Professional, scientific and technical services (NAICS 54): 68%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 11%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: