Job outlook Food Service Supervisor near Edmonton (AB)
The job outlook for a food service supervisor working near Edmonton (AB) is fair over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Food service supervisors (NOC 6311).
Job opportunities near Edmonton (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 3,190 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 87%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: