Job outlook Food Service Supervisor near Grande Prairie (AB)
Job opportunities for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) are fair near Grande Prairie (AB) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a food service supervisor.
Job opportunities near Grande Prairie (AB)
The employment outlook will be fair for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
This tourism-related occupation has been affected by weakness in the oil and gas sector. Apart from Banff, Jasper, and the Mountain Parks region, Alberta's hotel industry has been negatively impacted by the economic slowdown. Increases in international tourist traffic have only partially offset a slump in business travel. Additionally, tighter household budgets have reduced in-province vacation travel.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Athabasca - Grande Prairie - Peace River region:
- Approximately 620 people work in this occupation.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 95%
Job opportunities in Alberta
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: