Job prospects Food Service Supervisor near Canmore (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Food service supervisors" near Canmore (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Food service supervisors (NOC 6311) in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
The heavily tourism-dependent economy of the Banff – Jasper – Rocky Mountain House region faced severe challenges during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic. With lifted public health and travel restrictions, high vaccination rates, and a reopened economy, the region’s tourism sector is experiencing increased staffing demand. Job vacancy rate in the sector averaged 9.1% in the first half of 2022, compared to 4.5% in 2019. The Banff-Canmore Job Resources Centre estimates that there could be up to 5,000 vacant jobs in Banff, Canmore and the surrounding area.
Here are some key facts about Food service supervisors in the Banff - Jasper - Rocky Mountain House region:
- Approximately 190 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Food service supervisors mainly work in the following sectors:
- Accommodation and food services (NAICS 72): 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Food service supervisors across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: